What is IELTS?
IELTS is the International English Language Testing System. It is the world’s number one English language test, taken by over 1 million people every year from across the world. Since 1989, IELTS has been proven and trusted worldwide to provide a secure, global, authentic and customer-focussed test which is a reliable indicator of a candidate’s ability to communicate in English.
WHY TAKE IELTS?
Taking an IELTS test will help to open doors to international education and employment all over the globe. Moreover, candidates with high scores are particularly sought after by universities and employers in English-speaking countries. IELTS tests are guaranteed to show your true ability to communicate in English across all four language skills – listening, reading, writing and speaking, in a way that is relevant to the real world. Over 6,000 institutions, including 2,000 US universities recognize IELTS .The list of US universities includes all Ivy League Colleges. IELTS is used as proof of your language ability for immigration purposes.
- The UK Border Agency has announced that skilled workers can use IELTS results for the new UK points-based immigration system
- The Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship, Citizenship and Immigration Canada, New Zealand Immigration Service and Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools and National Council of State Boards of Nursing USA already recognize or require applicants to hold an IELTS test.
Prepare for Your IELTS Test
OFFICIAL IELTS PRACTICE MATERIALS
You can buy the Official IELTS Practice Materials. They consist of a booklet and an audio CD and contain a complete test for both the Academic and General Training Modules with an answer key.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR IELTS
You can also purchase How To Prepare for IELTS, a comprehensive book providing advice and practice in the four skills you need to do your best in IELTS. It includes a CD-Rom for additional exercises.
THE ROAD TO IELTS
You can access comprehensive preparation and practice in every aspect of each of the four parts of the IELTS exam on the Road to IELTS CD-ROM. It contains over 120 hours of learning materials. All the above can be purchased at many British Council IELTS test centers around the world. Please contact your local test centre for current availability
IELTS Tips for Success
How to improve your IELTS performance?
- Read instructions carefully, don’t just glance at them. They are not always the same as in practice or previous tests.
- Try and anticipate what the speaker will say. This requires concentration, easy in your own language, but more difficult in English.
- Remember if you want a high score you should aim to get all questions in parts one and two correct. Don’t make any careless mistakes in the easier sections.
- Small errors can lead to low scores so be careful with your spelling at all times
- Don’t panic if you think the topic is too difficult or the speaker is too fast. Relax and tune in.
- Read, write and listen at the same time. Tricky, but practice well.
- Leave a question if you can’t answer. To spend a long time on one answer is disastrous. Go back later if you have time and guess if you have to
- Don’t panic if you don’t know anything about the subject matter covered in the passage. All the answers are in the passage and you don’t need any specialist knowledge.
- Remember you have no extra time to transfer your answers, many candidates think because they have extra time in listening they are able to do this in reading too. You can’t.
- Before the exam, read as widely as possible (e.g. newspapers, magazines, journals). Don’t limit yourself to one type of text and read articles with an academic style where possible
- Look at the ways paragraphs are organized.
- Try and predict content of paragraphs from the opening sentence.
- Give every paragraph you read an imaginary heading.
- Don’t concentrate on words you don’t know. It wastes valuable time
- Careless mistakes cost many marks. Copy the answer correctly if it is in the passage
- Check spelling.
- Only give one answer if that is all that’s needed.
- Highlight/circle key words.
- Clearly divide paragraphs.
- Don’t repeat ideas in a different way.
- Stick to the topic.
- Careful with timing – don’t rush Task Two, it’s longer and is worth more points.
- Paragraph simply, with one idea in each paragraph.
- Avoid informal language.
- Learn to recognize how long 150 words look in your handwriting. You don’t really have time to count.
- Don’t memorize model answers, they won’t fit the question and you will make more careless mistakes.
- It tests your ability to communicate effectively, not just your grammatical accuracy.
- Don’t learn scripts of prepared answers. The examiner is trained to spot this and will change the question.
- Develop your answers as much as possible
- Speak more than the examiner.
- Ask for clarification if necessary.
- Remember it is not a test of knowledge and there is no single answer, but ensure that you give your opinion. Don’t worry if you feel it is not sophisticated enough.
- The areas covered are fairly predictable and not infinite so practice at home recording ideas onto a tape recorder.
Take Your Test with Us
Take IELTS Test in Your Country
Are you planning to study or work abroad in an English speaking environment? Are you planning to go on a study or work placement from a French university? Do you need to prove your level of English and get your results quickly? IELTS is now the world’s leading English language test having grown exponentially in the last few years to over a million candidates per year. Take your test with us and gain your passport to international opportunity and global mobility
Choose your country below and take IELTS test in your country with British Council:
- Middle East
- The Americas
IELTS Coaching Centre in Lahore
IELTS or the International English Language Testing System is the world’s most trusted English language exam. IELTS has been one of the pioneers of four English language skills testing and continues to hold importance in most foreign universities while setting the benchmark for evaluating one’s skills in English language. Accepted as an English language proficiency certification by around 9,000 organizations, over 1.4 million students throughout the world attempt this test every year.
As one of the premier IELTS coaching centre in Lahore, Bluesky Consultancy offers specifically designed courses to prepare students for the IELTS exam. The offered course helps develop the strategies and approach required to improve score in all the four sections of the IELTS test. Among the best IELTS coaching centre in Lahore, our courses extensively cover all the four skills assessed in the exam – English speaking, reading, listening and writing. Students will also receive regular feedback on their progress from experts, and supervision from the faculty on the best ways to develop the main elements of the English language i.e. grammar, pronunciation and vocabulary.
Why Join an IELTS Coaching Centre like Bluesky?
- High quality standards
We are equipped with modern training tools to deliver expert training, including progress tracking and regular feedbacks.
- Best Course structures
Providing the best IELTS coaching in Lahore, we offer customized coaching as per student requirements, with both classroom and online training facilities.
What’s on Offer?
Bluesky Consultancy offers the following benefits as an IELTS coaching centre in Lahore:
- Provide tailored program that suit individual learning needs
- Target weak areas right from the start
- Hold individual doubt clearing sessions
- Provide a real time exam experience through mock tests
- Offer a peaceful learning place
- Provide individual attention and guidance
- Certified Mentor for IELTS Vocabulary
To know more about our IELTS preparation approach and methodology, get in touchwith us today.
IELTS Preparation Institute in Lahore
As is commonly known, IELTS measures your reading, writing, listening and speaking skills in the English language and assesses your overall ability to communicate for work, study or living in another country. While it is best to take up an IELTS preparation course from Bluesky Consultancy, a holistic IELTS preparation institute in Lahore or other metro cities, there are a few aspects which everyone must know before preparing and appearing for the exam.
IELTS Preparation Course in Lahore
The International English Language Testing System examination is often a requirement for students who plan to emigrate, study or work abroad. Most institutes, globally, consider IELTS as the most accurate and reliable test for testing one’s skills and proficiency for English adaptation. Bluesky Consultancy, located in Lahore, offers comprehensive study guidance to score well in the IELTS exam.
Understanding the IELTS Test Format
The first step towards succeeding in IELTS is to understand the IELTS test format, which will inevitably require expert help. IELTS preparation institutes offer mock tests to get you ready for what to expect on test day. Moreover, they help you recognize formats from the previous year test papers. Careful analysis of each part of the test can help you prepare for the types of questions that may be asked in each section.
If you reside in Lahore NCR, then preparing for the exam from a reputed IELTS preparation institute in Lahore like Bluesky Consultancy is the best option owing to the following reasons:
- Progress measurement with mock tests
- Make use of up-to-date IELTS course books
- Free access to online British Council resources
- Learn avoiding common grammatical and pronunciation errors
- Prepare for all types of IELTS question and topics
- Familiarize with the test format and time limits
- Acquire examination techniques and skills
- Receive a British Council certificate of attendance
Attain an edge in your IELTS efforts with expert guidance from Bluesky Consultancy. You can simply Contact Us to get going.